-A A +A

Carers Assesments

If you provide care and support to an adult friend or family member, you may be eligible for support from your local council.

This support could include being offered money to pay for things that make caring easier. Or the local authority might offer practical support, such as arranging for someone to step in when you need a short break. It could also put you in touch with local support groups so you have people to talk to.

A carer's assessment looks at the different ways caring affects your life. It works out how you can carry on being a carer but still do the things that are important to you and your family.

It covers:

  • your caring role
  • your feelings about care
  • your physical, mental and emotional health
  • how caring affects your work, leisure, education, wider family and relationships

Carers Assessment can be done online, face to face or by booking an assessment via telephone by calling 01708 432000.

Click HERE to find out more about Carers' Assessment.

AdultSocial Care
Phone: 01708 432000
Email: adultsocialcare@havering.gov.uk